Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Broken?

4 years ago, I had it all planned. 2 years ago I had it all planned. Today; not so much. I have heard all my life that I can do whatever I wanted. That the world is mine and it’s my oyster, I can create my own pearl. But what if I can’t? Have you ever thought of that? It all seems so easy when you’re there and everyone is telling you that you can do it. But what will you think when no one is there and you’re falling? Or the people who are there only tell you what you can’t do? Do you let it get you down? Or do you rise above it and prove them all wrong? I know which one you’d like to think you’d do. That same one which I thought I would pick when the time came. That would be the best outcome wouldn’t it! The little one who gets picked on, all of a sudden rises above everything and proves to everyone else exactly what she can do! That’s the dream; but it’s not reality. When push came to shove I broke. I broke; lying in the dark, under the covers, crying myself to sleep broke. Am I ashamed? No. Am I proud of it? Not really, but will I let it define me? Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment