Thursday, September 19, 2013

At its finest

procrastination we have learned is my forte. one of the ways that i do this is watching tv shows. my favourite one the past few weeks has been One Tree Hill. amazing writing, incredible characters and even better memories. there is at least one episode in every season that will have me crying like a baby. i have just finished season 9 and that episode was 'Danny Boy' in which Dan Scott actually manages redemption just before he (spoiler!) dies. it beautiful and made even more sad as Craig Scheffer who playing Uncle Kieth comes back for that episode. 'dont worry, little brother. you're my plus one'- makes me bawl every. single. time! waahh!! however there is an episode in season 6 that will remain my favourite and one the without fail i will cry like a baby. cause of a cape. Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. (yes it is the name of a band too) 'Quentin Fields was a basket ball player. He was also a son. A brother. Somebody’s teammate. Somebody’s friend. I never knew Quentin fields and I guess now I never will. Did you ever wonder what it would be like if you weren’t you anymore? If you were suddenly gone how would your world react? Whatever you imagined is wrong. There’s nothing romantic about death. Grief is like the ocean; its deep and dark and bigger than all of us. And pain is like a thief in the night. Quiet. Persistent. Unfair. Diminished by time and faith and love. I didn’t know Quentin fields but I’m jealous of him because I see how his absence has affected the people that did know him so I know that he did matter to them. And I know he was loved. People say Quentin fields was a great basketball player. Graceful. Fluid. Inspiring. They say on a good night it almost seemed like he could fly. And now he can.' excuse me while i go and sit in a corner and cry. while rocking back and fourth. for the rest of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment