So I've taken out this new policy with myself. If I'm feeling uncomfortable with the way you're treating me or talking to me I'm gonna do something about it. Now if I enjoy your company then it will generally be to dismiss what you say and hope you get the hint it was inappropriate. If that doesn't work the first time I'm gonna tell you it was inappropriate. If that still doesn't work I will call your shit out. The way you react is entirely on you. The fun part for me is watching how you react and make an absolute fool of yourself and oh boy did I have a doosy today that I want to tell you all about.
I was talking to a 'friend' who has been known to objectify me in the past and who has apologised for doing so. I always enter conversations with this person carefully. A conversation ensued. Objectivity ensued. I ignored it. He asked why I ignored it. I said it wasn't his place to comment. He said he didn't care he was going to comment anyway and I'd 'lost faith' in my looks. I said it didn't matter if I had or hadn't it wasn't up to him to restate whatever faith I had or hadn't lost. He said if I want to be known in the world I'd better get used to random people commenting on my body. I said people can comment all they want it doesn't mean I have to respond, hence why I ignored the comment to begin with. He made a quip about the demise of my looks. I called him on it. He called me judgemental, snooty and ignorant. Then blocked me.
As I said, I get to laugh at the people who make fools of themselves.
Now, even though this person won't read this (and yes there are people on my fb who know this person even though I'm not connected with him), let me make this clear. You don't get to make me comment on my body. If I want to respond to your comments I will. Cat calling me over the net is not on, not is it appreciated. Especially after I've made it clear you are not in the position to make such statements. People can comment all they want about me, I don't care what people have to say about me. But as soon as you start trying to pull me into your bullshit, I'm gonna a) call you on it and b) get the hell out of there. If you don't like it, tough luck. You don't deserve me.
Okay, rant over. ☺️
No comments:
Post a Comment