The 'Gay Agenda'.
Everyone is equal and deserves to be equal- whether you like it or not. Just because you put yourself on a pedestal above others does not mean others want to be up there with you, nor does it mean you're entitled to be up there. You are no better or worse than those around you- gay or not. Also notice how if things were turned around how upset you would be- if anyone who doesn't 'believe' in gay marriage and relationships (I put that in quotation marks due to the absurdity that the union and love between two people should have to be believed by anyone else. It also pains me to write gay marriage simply because I don't see it as gay marriage or relationships- I see it as marriage and relationships.) were told they couldn't marry or be with the person they love due to someone else's opinion of who they are, there would be so much controversy! oh wait... *Insert extremely sarcastic look here*.
Bible View... (she pulls it out several times being of the LDS (Mormon) faith.
I know what it says in Leviticus 18:22 (yes I actually know what I'm talking about) but check out John 13:34-35 for me. For those who don't own or can't be bothered picking up their bible, this is what it says (and its all in red meaning Jesus is the one saying it) "A new commandment I give you, Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know you are my disciples, if you love one another." I'm pretty sure that's saying since Jesus loved you no matter what 'sin' you committed, you are love everyone in the same matter. And if you look all through out the bible, there are so many references to Jesus actually going up to the people who were ostracised, outcast, rejected and shunned by humanity and loving them the way they were meant to be loved. Helping them they way they needed and deserved to be helped. Accepting them the way they deserved to be accepted. Did he agree with everything they were doing? No. But did he protest and regulate them? Did he discriminate and slander them? Again, a resounding No.
Okay, back to Frozen.
Movies and art are created to evoke a response. So congratulations, you did exactly what the filmmakers wanted in the first place. Not the response they were hoping for, but a response nonetheless (and yes, I am well aware I am doing the same thing, now let me finish). I'm pretty sure you will find the themes and messages behind Frozen are far more kosher than what you want to believe. Instead of portraying messages of homosexual propaganda I'm 150% sure the writers were trying to create a new Disney world in which true love was not between someone you just met and had to leave your family for, but rather that family is the most important thing in anyone's life.
Elsa questions and declines Anna's decision to marry someone she just met because she cares for her and knows a little more about the world than her innocent sister. I believe this shows people who love you will do things for your own good even when you believe they are not- parents and grown kids, does this sound familiar? (and we all know Hans was the major douche of the entire movie. Proving that people aren't always what you expect them to be. I read a great perspective on this from Idena Menzel who actually voices Elsa, She said she loved what the movie did with Hans. She was trying to teach her son that some people aren't who they say they are, but it was quite difficult due to most cartoons the 'bad guy' is quite recognisable and easy to spot. Watching Frozen with him it helped that conversation in ways she couldn't have don on her own and gave him a point of reference for what she was talking about). It also contradicts pretty much all of Disney's other movies, and there is a lot to be said in that.
The actual song 'Let it Go' is another point of contention among a lot of religious groups, the best response I've heard so far is from Seth Adam Smith who so eloquently said Gasp! There ARE Hidden Messages in Disney's Frozen! This is the link to the post and brings up the rest of my points on this song and why those say there is only ever one meaning behind things are being ridiculous.
Besides, you wouldn't get AMAZING covers of the beautiful wonderful song, like this! (This is my all time favourite cover of this song!)
K
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment