Happy Mothers Day!!
this time of year is always special for all families, but this year especially was extra special for me. why? my mum is half way around the world. i couldn't just go up and give her a big hug and kiss complete with flowers and/or chocolates and/or some special gift. i got to say happy mothers day over a computer line, not even seeing her face, simply hearing her voice. people really take their mums for granted, i didn't realise until this year. i know i did. always having them there to give that hug and kiss that fixes everything no matter what, to give you words of advice when you need them the most. to simply be there. i never though i would miss my mum calling out my full name when i was in trouble, or just cause she wanted to say it (and make me think i was in trouble). but not having her there this day, and any day, is hard. but good in a way i have to figure out things on my own and not fall back on her when ever i can. i love her so much and miss her even more, and i was so glad that i got to simply speak to her. just talk, not go out and do anything fancy, just talk. the simple things are most of the time the best. :)
I Love You Mum and
Happy Mothers Day!!!
two things, a song that i love and is highly appropriate for this day and something i wrote for you and dad. :)
The Best Day (Taylor Swift)
I'm five years old, it's getting cold, I've got my big coat on
I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you, I run and run
Past the pumpkin patch and the tractor rides, look now, the sky is gold
I hug your legs and fall asleep on the way home
I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
But I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today
I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away
And we talk and window shop 'til I've forgotten all their names
I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school
But I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day with you today
I have an excellent father, his strength is making me stronger
God smiles on my little brother, inside and out, he's better than I am
I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run
And I had the best days with you
There is a video I found from back when I was three
You set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talking to me
It's the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarfs
And Daddy's smart and you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world
And now I know why the all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
For staying back and watching me shine
And I didn't know if you knew, so I'm takin' this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today
Falling Star (Katie Steuart-Robins)
Starting out on this big ol' journey
Not really knowing where I'll go
But i know you'll always be there for me
If I go fast or I take it slow
But sometimes its hard to find
The white lines
On this worn down road of life
And I'll make mistakes
But I'll find my grace
Eventually just take some time
And if i get lost I'll remember
What you told me last September
Believe in me and trust my heart
Follow through and catch that falling star
Sitting here my mind rewinds
A flashback, not so long ago
You could take on the whole wide world
And I was your little girl
I'm still your little girl
Sometimes its hard to find
The white lines
On this worn down road of life
And I'll make mistakes
But I'll find my grace
Eventually just take some time
And if i get lost I'll remember
What you told me last September
Believe in me and trust my heart
Follow through and catch that falling star
And i know when i look back
At a place Ill always call home
You'll be there watching my tracks
Never out of sight or gone.
Sometimes its hard to find
The white lines
On this worn down road of life
And I'll make mistakes
But I'll find my grace
Eventually just take some time
And if i get lost I'll remember
What you told me last September
Believe in me and trust my heart
Follow through and catch that falling star
Believe in me and trust my heart
Follow through and catch that falling star.
I Love You!
Till next time
Katie
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment